A beautiful, pure-hearted young woman, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom, until one day when an invading army threatens the harmony of the land. Maleficent rises to be the land's fiercest protector, but she ultimately suffers a ruthless betrayal – an act that begins to turn her heart into stone. Bent on revenge, Maleficent faces an epic battle with the invading King's successor and, as a result, places a curse upon his newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Maleficent realizes that Aurora holds the key to peace in the kingdom – and to Maleficent's true happiness as well.
Directors: Robert Stromberg
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, and Imelda Staunton
Release Date: May 30, 2014
551 Movie Reviews
- tay912about 2 years5 popcornI love this movie.
- summerprince1over 2 years5 popcornHi . So this starts of in a world full of fairies. Maleficent is kinda good fairy. One day she meets a boy. They become good friends. One day the boy decided to go be hide Maleficent's back and offers to sell Maleficent's wings! SPOILER ALERT! ( Maleficent's wings didn't get sold . ) I think this movie is a good one because it shows the bond that even 2 girls can have. Also if you want to understand why everyone thinks Maleficent is evil read the book ' Sleeping Beauty '™ you'll understand more ) Anyways hope you all enjoy the movie :3 - Summerprince1.
- ninjasforeverabout 2 years5 popcornI agree!
- Shiloh over 2 yearsi love this movie
- donthavecovid19over 2 years5 popcornI bet you wonder why I put a 5 popcorn rating for this movie. If you don't, move onto the next review. I put this movie as a 5 popcorn rating because it told you truth about Maleficent's life. All those story books make Maleficent sound evil, but she's really not. Aurora adored Maleficent, she didn't hate her. It wasn't the Prince who woke her up. It was Maleficent. Don't always think that truelove only works with love between boys and girls.
- chelsieover 2 years5 popcornI love this movie! I've watched it again and again! I've also watched Maleficent 2 that one is awesome too. But, I like this one better
- Maevealmost 3 yearsI love this movie!! I just watched it last night for the first time!!!! again, love it!😄
- howlsalmost 3 years4 popcornA great way to tell the story of a family and love
- mhkgc235about 3 years5 popcornsooooooo good. I remember watching it when i was younger and then over the years i forgot about it. but i got disney + and came across it and it brought so many memories back. i love it!!!!!!!!
- dorischouabout 3 years5 popcornOMG this is the best movie ever!!I want to give it millions of popcorns(the scores)
- karebear190over 3 years5 popcornWhen it first came out, I went the first time with my mother and my brother and I fell in love with the movie! We then watched it the second time but with my aunt and we watch it all the time! It's amazing!!